Saturday, May 7, 2011

Byeynyn's review of ABDC's Rihanna Challenge

Last week, after seven crews danced to the sugary pop songs of Katy Perry, ReQuest was sent packing after continuously being stuck in the Bottom Two for the unforgivable sin of not owning American passports (I’m speculating). We’re not even at the halfway point, and IaMmE is now the only crew with more than one female. Even the US Senate has a better girl-guy ratio at this stage. Six crews are left to groove to songs by Rihanna, with a dancehall twist.

And THANK GOODNESS for Rihanna Week, because this show’s had a real dry spell when it comes to danceable artists. I know I said most of the songs from the Black Eyed Peas were danceable, but I also hadn’t listened to their most recent album when I typed that, so… my bad. I really mean it this time when I say Rihanna’s songs are easy enough to dance to, and this week should be a reflection of that. As a bonus, Rihanna’s choreographer, Tanisha Scott (who is also kind of a badass), is there to help them, which can only be good
. Click here for the full review.