Saturday, April 9, 2011

Byeynyn's review of ABDC6's Lil Wayne Challenge

You have no idea how much I’ve missed this show, probably because you don’t know who I am. But after a whole year, I’m pumped for Season Six. I’m so pumped that I’m going to provide my own recap of the episodes.

But let me get a few issues out of the way. I’m skeptical about this season’s music selection, and the challenges have gotten more ridiculous since the first season, and needlessly so. I suspect that a lot of these crews might be held back by both this season. Can you imagine krumping to Justin Bieber, or while performing a magic trick? I feel it’s like judging Paul McCartney based on how well he sings “Friday.” Second, D-Trix is the third judge who replaces Omarion (whom I do not miss). Despite his horn-dog tendencies, at least Shane Sparks provided the credibility of an articulate hip-hop choreographer, a unique perspective that won’t be offered by JC (not hip-hop), D-Trix (not a choreographer), or Lil Mama (not articulate). D-Trix does a passable job for now, but that void is still hard to fill.