Thursday, September 10, 2009

JC Chasez on Judging: "I don't ever look at what I say as negative"

The Boston Herald interviews JC Chasez about America's Best Dance Crew, his other artistic activities and 'N Sync (no plans for a reunion!). Highlights:
  • On how his performing career impacted his judging: "We worked with choreographers, and they watched us while we were doing our performances and basically told us what needed to be done better until we got it right so we could bring it to an audience. So when I’m judging, I put myself in the shoes of how would I make this better."
  • On the entertainment industry during his NSYNC days vs now: "It’s night and day. One of the biggest changes is the whole business structure. Before, the artists had control of how they were publicly perceived. Now we’re in the information age. There’s really no information that’s protected. There’s no privacy... I don’t think it’s harder at all. I just think it’s different.”