Thursday, January 22, 2009

Exclusive Week 2 Taping Field report + Interview with Boxcuttuhz, Lil Mama, Shane Sparks

This week, Salima Koroma (UCLA, Daily Bruin) and her cameraperson Michelle Kim (UCLA) attended the Week 2 tapings for America's Best Dance Crew as field reporters for BABDC. Here's her written report (with a teaser!) We'll post her videos in the next few days. Thanks Salima!

"I was able to drop by the set of America's Best Dance Crew this week,and it was probably the most exciting, chaotic event I've ever been to. All the crews were hanging out, having fun, and getting pumped up backstage for the show to begin. The episode's theme was to incorporate a specific dance move into the choreography. This week's installment of ABDC was in two words: vividly vibrant. Almost all the crews were rocking their bright oranges, reds, fuchsias, and highlighter greens with a kind of wild abandon. Luckily enough for me, I blended in just fine with my multi-colored FUNK shirt (and since I was blending in so well with my bright shirt, I strongly contemplated running on stage with the extremely colorful Beat Freaks [see above], but I figured that since I didn't know the dance moves, I had to bail on that plan)."

Click here to read more of her report and interviews and see more crew photos (Salima is right about those insane costumes). And -- Salima told me that the elimination will be a SHOCKER to many ABDC fans. So watch tonight and get ready to re-vote in our Top 4 contest tomorrow!