Thursday, July 23, 2015

JimmyD's report from the taping of ABDC 8's First Episode -- the first preview!

This is JimmyD here to write my review. I am going to make this a non spoiler review. How I am going to do this is break it down in to bullet points. So here it is!

- THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ABDC.

- The set is completely different (much smaller.) No banners, No exit door. It still has a circle stage but also has a rectangle shape pieces connected on each side. If you have Instagram. Search #ABDC8, some of the dancers posted the stage setup. The entire audience stands for the full length of the show. Coming from the Southern California dance community, I like the new stage because I think it will look a lot  better for the dancing on TV. I feel we will get a more straight on angle, which is good so we can see more transitions and formations. Coming from the Southern California dance community I like

- The judges and host are all new. The new host is basically trying to be Mario with an Australian accent. Tpain brings the funny. Teyanna brings the lil mama with better understanding of dance. Frankie brings the wit and his background with Broadway helps his knowledge helps with judging.

- Each team has added or replaced previous dancers with new members except for one.

- Doesn't look like there will be voting until the finale.

- Each team brought high energy with their performances.

- One problem I have with this lineup is that there are several teams that are basically the same style. It felt like I saw exactly what I expected to see to out of them.

- All performances were stunt heavy except for one which was actually quite refreshing.

- Out of the 5 returning champions,for me, only about 2 of teams showed a somewhat evolution since being on previously.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully, if this gets posted be sure to ask questions in the comments and I WILL answer them.

P.S I'm glad the show is back because we can come back to this amazing blog site :) Thanks JimmyD for the report and the compliment!