Friday, December 31, 2010

More End of the Year News

Again, congratulations to us for receiving TWO WoD Award Nominations! Especially to Nancy- I'm happy to see that her work is being recognized. However, according to their Facebook page: "THESE WERE THE TOP NOMINATIONS THAT WERE SUBMITTED AND WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE AWARDS PANEL. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINION." So take a break from all that finger-tutting and start crossing 'em in hopes that we win. As reported earlier, the awards show will be held on January 14, 2011 in Hollywood, CA. Performances are still waiting to be announced. Thanks perezoverride.

Our fellow nominees (and friends) in the BEST DANCE MEDIA COVERAGE category PacificRimPress recently posted a Thank You/2010 Look Back video on their YouTube channel:



On behalf of BABDC, I'd like to thank PacificRimPress for all their fantastic coverage of ABDC and dance-related events. Personally, I think Chris Trondson and Angelica Alumia are two of the most entertaining field reporters/interviewers in the game. I've dabbled in interviewing myself, and those two really make it look easy. Major props go to the entire PacificRimPress family- you guys rock!

  • In other news, check out BeatFreakNation.com It's a cool, interactive site that takes a look back at all the amazing Beat Freak performances from 2010. My personal favorite was from the Greg Campbellock Jr. Memorial Show.


(minor addition from Del): Since I didn't think it warranted a full post so close to year's end, StaticNoyze6TV uploaded a video (part 1) of their experience in Hawaii. Check it out:



Well, with Nancy coming back from vacation pretty soon, I'd like to thank her for giving me this opportunity to act as site-deputy these past two weeks. I hope I did a good job. Have a safe and happy New Year! And always remember to SHAM-ON! ::moonwalks away::