Sunday, August 30, 2009

Layla Kayleigh: "the more I see the dancers the more I never want to dance again"

PopStar interviewed Layla Kayleigh about her job on America's Best Dance Crew, advice to ABDC crews, the diversity of ABDC 4, her support for US troops, and her pregnancy. Highlights:
  • "I hang out with the crews, eat lunch with them, and I just go and talk to them. I really feel so protective of them, I feel like I'm the mamma bear of the show."
  • Her role as mamma bear: "they also might not be prepared for when they Google themselves. Someone will say something that is whack and that hurts their feeling..what I try to do is toughen them up a little bit"
  • How being backstage hasn't helped her dancing: "Tthe more I see the dancers the more it makes me never want to dance again. They are so amazing!..I would get invited to hang out with the crews after the finales; I would just stand in the corner. Yes, I was that girl that just nodded my head. "