Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SF Dance Events | R16, Go Hard or Go Home, AOV Auditions, Quest Crew

So by happenstance (and I've alluded to this in past posts), I've been lucky enough to have an internship for the summer in the Bay Area. No, I won't get into more specifics cuz that's creepy, but suffice to say, in the short time I've been here thus far, I've been blown away by the dance community out here. Not only that, but there are a ton of dance events that are in the area. Here are just a couple. If you have an event you know of I don't mention here, leave a comment below! 
---
First up, is the big one. R16, the International Bboy event that makes use of Dyzee's OUR System will be holding the US Finals on June 9th. Preliminaries will be held the day before, but only dancers and family can attend. The main event will be held at the Palace of Fine Arts. Buy your ticket ahead of time here, and get more info on the event on the Facebook page. There is also a 21+ afterparty, more info also on the Facebook page. With 8v8 and 1v1 Bboy Battles, as well as 1v1 Popping and Locking, you definitely get your money's worth, especially for less than $20

I will be attending the Finals on that Saturday. If you're not able to go, I will be live-tweeting the event @Ninjaboi333 with the hashtag #R16, so you can follow along! I'll also *hopefully* be able to get footage to share with you guys.


Click here for more events, including workshops, battles, auditions, and celebrity appearances.