Friday, August 21, 2009

What HAPPENED at ABDC Week 3?

I have been without an internet connection and am just now catching up. But it sounds like The Martial Arts Challenge taping was upsetting. I still want this to be spoiler free here, but I am now nervous about watching this week! Here's my first reports:

Time to Fly to the Cheese: At first I tried to keep an optimistic view of this season considering I love Heroes, Vogue Evolution, and Rhythm City. But in my honest opinion, this was the worst episode of America's Best Dance Crew I have ever seen. Im not sure if its the combination of the pointless and stupid challenges, the voting results, and the less than impressive routines from the rest of the crews, or just the fact that every week so far, a crew has gone home that doesn't deserve to go home. They may not be the best but some crews that are saved ARE NOT as entertaining as the bottom 2 crews. This is the first time where almost every crew had more negative commentary than positive commentary. I really wish ABDC would adopt the elimination format of SYTYCD so it can be fair. The crews that perform the worse that night go home. I actually found myself quite bored during half of the performances. I even heard hints of regret from the judges concerning previous eliminations. I've even thought of not attending these tapings anymore. America better start voting correctly or this will DEFINITELY be the worst season of Americas Best Dance Crew past and/or future.

Czar:
Ok, just got back from the taping and i'm happy it was better than last week!! The show started off slow but near the end it brought everybody to their feet. All the crews had a good performance but there was one crew that killed it, and got everybody hyped up. The bottom two crews were once again, unexpected! The judges said that the bottom two crews had the best performances of the night. I agreed with the judges decision. Overall it was a great week and I had fun!! I got to sit in back of Quest!!! . . .ABDC alumni that attended: Quest/ Artistry in Motion/ Matt, Meagan, and Glenda from Fanny Pak/ Rocco of Boxcuttuhz/ some Ringmasters/ Taeko and two others from Beast Mode.