Friday, June 19, 2009

ABDC Season 4 audition highlights: Massive Monkees

Over the next several weeks, I'll post videos of some of my personal favorite crews from the America's Best Dance Crew Season 4 auditions in New York. For some (but not all) of these crews, I will post both their auditions and their choreography callback performances (based on how much I liked their callbacks too!). Important warning and disclaimer: I am NOT a judge and have absolutely NO impact on the ABDC judges or MTV. My only qualification is being a huge fan of the show.

Today's featured crew: Massive Monkees from Seattle, Washington. They were unable to attend the LA auditions, so they flew to New York just to try out for America's Best Dance Crew Season 4. The group that audition is part of a larger group that formed in the mid-90s and has won multiple national and international b-boy competitions. Read more about them on Wikipedia and at their official website. I loved their original and audacious moves. I think you will too.