Thursday, January 8, 2009

Give Ringmasters a Chance!!

I haven't had time yet to put together the Ringmasters (aka Main Event) profile. In the meantime, I want to address the amount of hating comments I've seen about the crew. I personally watched and taped them during the NY auditions. Yes, the video shows some imprecise moves. What you don't see in it is:
  • The crew redid their performance for the judges, and the second time was much better. Unfortunately, I didn't film both. As a clarification -- MANY of the crews that we watched audition did their routines twice (sometimes more) if the judges requested that they do so. This was NOT unusual or unfair treatment, but judges' desire to see the performance again.
  • They also did some free-style and it was WILD. I've never seen some of the moves before
  • They were quite charming in their pre-audition interview, showing both intensity and humor
So, give Ringmasters a chance. See what they bring next week. THEN decide!