Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Something completely different -- I won an NPR game!

I usually keep personal things out of this site, but am making an exception today. Last night, I attended a taping of NPR's Ask Me Another, a new quiz/humor radio show that will be premiering later this year. The show is really funny (last night's guest was Simon Doonan, who had the audience in stitches) and features some clever games. One game on this episode was 'Pen it Like Porter', where audience members were given the opportunity to update and spoof the lyrics to Cole Porter's 1934 classic "You're the Top". My entry was chosen as a finalist. and I had the privilege of having it performed by Jonathan Coulton (whose other main job lately is opening for They Might Be Giants). The audience liked my song, so I won an NPR totebag. Woo hoo. If you're interested, click here to read my lyrics (and the lyrics from the other finalist, Samantha Henig)