Friday, March 11, 2011

Note to readers: I.aM.mE videos are currently (let's hope just temporarily) disabled

Several readers have complained or commented about two recent developments concerning I.aM.mE:
  • The take-down of Pacman's Youtube Channel for "multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement"
  • An enigmatic tweet from I.aM.mE: "Unfortunately things don't work out the way you plan but IaMmE will stay strong in 2011 and bring you the new youtube videos that yall love" 
My take on these messages: 
  • Don't try and interpret this as a message about I.aM.mE and America's Best Dance Crew Season 6.   
  • I will not remove/disable my posts with links to Pacman's Channel, since the videos will probably be re-enabled. Given the listed sources of the complaint, there is an excellent chance that upon review of the charges, Youtube will reverse their decision. If there are music copyright issues (possible since these are dance videos), the normal course of action taken by Youtube is not to block a channel but to either: put ads on the video with revenues going to the music publishers OR to strip out the soundtrack. But, it may take some time for this to be resolved.  So, be patient and hope Youtube recognizes the claim is false and appreciates viewers' desire to see the videos ASAP!