Thursday, October 28, 2010

DirtfaceX's field report (with video) on Jungle Boogie's New York workshop

DirtfaceX attended Jungle Boogie's NY workshop in October 2010 and filed this report:
"Last night, Jungle Boogie held their first ever NYC Workshop at Steps on Broadway.  They began with a 'cranking' routine.  I didn't participate, and it was a good thing too, b/c it was INTENSE.  It was high energy and super fast.  I also found it interesting that ALL of JB taught the workshop together (w/ the exception of Zebra, who sat out and watched).  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get video of the first routine.  For the second half of the workshop, they taught a more smoother style called "Jigging" (i think).  It was a fun, energetic routine and it looked like everyone was having a blast learning the steps.  Dancer or not, I suggest taking a workshop with them - it's all about 'good times' and makes for a great cardio workout.  In the end, they finished with a 'Jungle Boogie' cool down led by BeeJay.  Afterwards, everyone hung around and took pictures with the crew.  Raqui busts out some James Brown and a dance cypher breaks out!  Unfortunately again, I didn't take video of the cyph because I was clapping along, enjoying it.  I spoke with their manager and according to her, Jungle Boogie shirts (!!!!!) will be available on Threaderstyle next month.  I said my 'goodbyes' and thanked them for coming to NY.  Keep a lookout for Jungle Boogie on MTV's Silent Library in the weeks to come!  YULLLE!!!!"

Here's a video of the workshop from DirtfaceX Youtube Channel. Thanks DirtfaceX!