Monday, March 16, 2009

JC Chasez on America's Best Dance Crew Seasons 3 & 4, and Kerosene Cowboys

At the finale, I almost got a JC Chasez interview on tape, but I couldn't get my film crew free at the same time that he was available. We did talk while I was trying to set it up. Chasez acted the same off-camera as he acted on-camera as an America's Best Dance Crew judge. He's somewhat removed and sardonic, like he doesn't buy into his role as a celebrity. Discussion highlights:
  • I've met him twice (finales for America's Best Dance Crew 2 & 3). Both times he called me honey. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult
  • He said that he enjoyed Season 3 and that both Beat Freaks and Quest turned in 'memorable' performances
  • When asked if he would be a judge in Season 4, he said (VERY jokingly) "I go where they tell me". I assume that means he will stay involved.
  • He did drop his wry persona when I asked him about his new movie "Kerosene Cowboys". He described the filming as a challenge and a wonderful experience, and the film as something that will be 'original'

Photocredit: MTV- Chris Polk