Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Supercr3w in Guam: in performance and as judges

Super Cr3w (America's Best Dance Crew Season 2 champions) hit Guam this week, performing both at large venues and at local high schools. Here's some news coverage from Guam Pacific Daily News about their Guam performances and their role in judging local talent to appear in their show. My favorite quote: SC3 choreographer Jesse Santos said, "Every time I see one little Chamorro kid or any little kid from the island do these moves, I try to hold make my tears...on the one hand it makes me shameful that I have not been back to my island in 20 years to help, but on the other it makes me proud as a Chamorro man, to see the children from my island strive to excel."

Another cool thing about the visit: Super Cr3w also performed for the local kids at area high schools. Here's a video from Julene95 documenting the crew visit to St. Francis Catholic School. Thanks for the tip, Super Cr3w and friends!