Sunday, May 8, 2011

An apology from Nancy T of BloggingBestDanceCrew to ICONic Boyz

Dear ICONic Boyz and members of the ICONic Family,

I want to apologize to you personally for the behavior of many members of this community toward ICONic Boyz. I have been trying to keep it fair and professional but have not done nearly enough, and it's gotten out of control. We've banned some of the worst offenders and will continue to do so. I want to make it clear that I do not condone any of the harsh negativity that has been directed towards the crew here or elsewhere.

It's been a difficult balance for me. I want to encourage free speech, but it needs to stay constructive and helpful. This is a competition, and as such, readers are encouraged to talk about why they like or dislike performances, so long as they keep it from getting personal.  All of my reviewers will attest to my work to tone down negative criticism when it gets away from that standard, and I will do more on that front in the future.

ICONic Boyz was chosen for America's Best Dance Crew because they meet the high standards of dance required by the audition judges and MTV producers. In addition, they are fun, enthusiastic, and inspirational to many viewers. I've heard that they are great friends with all this season's crews for good reason. Further, as pointed out in many of this week's reviews, they ARE responding to the judges' critiques and working to improve week-by-week.  I encourage anyone (including members of the ICONic Family) to contact me at BloggingBestDanceCrew@gmail.com if you want to discuss this further but don't want to post in the comments here.