Friday, March 5, 2010

Send some love to MTV for doing the right thing!

Usually my "send some love'' post goes out to the eliminated crew. This week, I want to send some virtual bouquets to MTV and the producers of America's Best Dance Crew. They took a brave position in openly admitting a mistake, checking to see that it mattered, and then acting in a way that will cost them some money, negative publicity and hassle. They did what was best for the crews and the fans, NOT what was best for themselves. MTV didn't have to do this, and lots of other companies probably wouldn't have been so upfront. I often see criticism of MTV as 'rigging' the vote or acting in a totally mercenary fashion.  What they did this week was the OPPOSITE of these accusations. I personally thank them, and hope you do the same.

(For those of you who may be wondering: I do NOT work for MTV in any form. MTV doesn't DARE tell me what to write -- they know that it wouldn't go well for them! In fact, they've been quite unhappy with this site on several occasions but still have treated us with respect. I want to return that respect because they deserve it.)

This post is ONLY for positive comments about MTV and the ABDC producers. If you've got beefs or want to talk about something else, please take it to the Critics Corner post here.