Wednesday, February 3, 2010

JC Chasez on Omarion, Shane Sparks, and ABDC5

JC-Chasez.net transcribed a radio interview with JC Chasez conducted on HOT101.9. He talks about Omarion, Shane Sparks, the new season of America's Best Dance Crew, and his other activities. Highlights:
  • On Omarion: "the fact is that he’s been on stage and you know, he understands what the dancers are going through but he’s done it at a successful level so he knows what it takes to connect with an audience as well so I think he’s gonna bring a great perspective to the show...people know Omarion’s body of work so they’ll know where he’s coming from when he makes his judgment calls, you know."
  • On Shane Sparks: "I just think it’s..an unfortunate situation. I kinda kept my nose out of it because you know, I don’t, that’s something I don’t wanna pass judgment on."
  • On whether ABDC Season 5 will be as good as prior seasons: "The fact is that there’s a million different dance styles, there’s a million different ideas floating around out there and you can’t capture it in just a handful of episodes so and that’s why the thing lives and breathes because people see, now people are watching the show and getting inspired and saying “okay, I see that, now I have to beat that”...And so I think the show actually gets better as it moves forward."