Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Non-Spoiler impressions of the Week 1 Tapings

Several readers who attended the Episode 1 tapings for America's Best Dance Crew Season 4 wrote about their experiences. Thanks to all of you, and here are some highlights from their comments:

Ryan: "Definitely a highlight of the night was getting to see Sweet & Sour and members of Quest perform. The stage director..asked Victor to come warm up the crowd before the show started and it was INCREDIBLE seeing him in person. It was nuts seeing him do the hollowback and being able to see the veins in his wrists as he extends out!!! Rino then joined him on stage and they started top rocking in sync together, sooo cool. Eventually Steve, Hok, and Shorty came on stage and freestyled too. When Hok went into some finger tutting the crowd went berserk. It was all just so exciting. During some of the editing breaks members of the crowd started freestyling, drawing the attention of the whole studio. After one guy would go, someone else from another bleacher would go, almost as if they were battling...Overall a really exciting and surreal night."

Lenny: "OMG!!..It was AMAZING! After the show, it really made me think about what I said when I saw the auditions [on tape]. I have said that this season would suck because we're seeing styles we're not used to, but trust me, GIVE THESE CREWS A CHANCE! Watching the show yesterday gave me a slap in the face and made me stop judging crews before the show even starts. For the people who are waiting till Sunday...be surprised!"


TimetoFlytotheCheese
: "going into the stage of the taping, I was pretty sure I was gonna be disappointed... After the first three crews performed, I was shocked when one crew stepped it up from the auditions. After the second group went up I was thinking to myself maybe this season will be better than I had originally thought it to be. Then the last group performed ...AMAZING. Then I realized this has the potential to be just as good, if not better than some of the other seasons....About the elimination however I was shocked and was not expecting it...I even asked Shane Sparks after the show if he agreed with the elimination and he said "Yes. So I'm pretty sure they saw something I didn't see."

Click here to read more from Roxanne, kyky, and ME (including the strategy to get front row seats!)